Friday, April 29, 2016

April 28, 2016 Nugget of Truth

I have joined a ladies Bible Study that is taking me through the whole Bible in two years. Sometimes a truth just jumps out at you. I leaped into this adventure 8 weeks behind so I thought I'd cram today and try to catch up.
"God challenges each man's faith through the moments of crisis that define who he would be as God's representative." The Old Testament is full of real people who went through very real crisis and these moments in time shaped their characters into 'men and women  of great faith in God'. It is easy to sit comfortably in our own little world....never changing,...just accepting life as it is....never stretching ourselves or growing into the man or woman God sees in us. Its easy to say , I am who I am and if you don't like it ....so be it! God looks at us and sees us as His amazing creation....as we are meant to be....made in His image. Until we are 'tried and tested', we can't discover what we are truly made of. Studying the Old Testament people makes me realize....we all make the same mistakes...over and over again throughout history. But I am also noticing that God is there...lovingly showing us how to be victorious.....we just need to learn to trust Him and learn to 'listen' to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment