Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Melting pot or Mosaic

I love words and when I find a word I like to look up the meaning and 'ruminate' on it. This word came up in my study....Syncretism.....

Syncretism  is the combining of different, often seemingly contradictory beliefs, while melding practices of various schools of thought. Syncretism involves the merger and analogizing of several originally discrete traditions, especially in the theology and mythology of religion, thus asserting an underlying unity and allowing for an inclusive approach to other faiths.

I love to learn and I love to listen to peoples stories of life changing moments. As I study Colossians I am challenged on my thinking....I know that I know that I know that the Bible is true and that Jesus is my Saviour....but am I becoming a melting pot in my beliefs....am I dethroning Jesus and robbing Him of His rightful place of pre-eminence.

Am I diluting my faith in a loving attempt to understand the beliefs of others?
Do I look to self help books, tv reality shows, yoga, meditation, magic rocks and crystals, angel worship, horoscopes.....on and on....
I want to put Jesus "back on the throne"
He is my 'all in all'
He has changed my life....
He is the Way....the Truth....and the Life

No comments:

Post a Comment