Thursday, February 7, 2019

A Gift from God

A Miracle

Back in January last year I decided to give up my car and my parking space. It was a hard decision...the hardest ever! I loved the freedom my car gave me....it was getting old and wasn't worth fixing and I knew I would never on my own have the cash or credit to buy another. It was what I needed to do...the practical thing....but o how it hurt to give up that freedom. I managed....I used my shoprider scooter to get around the city and pick up groceries....it worked but I missed my adventures.
I missed getting to my old church....the bus took forever and it was cold in the winter waiting so I checked out churches close by....it wasn't the same....I missed the singing....the preaching....the bible study....my friends. I flew to Ontario for the family reunion and it was wonderful....but I missed the freedom to go ...to be ....to pick up and flit wherever there was a moment. I came back and settled in again but I went into a September depression....I hibernated....no triggers for this ....it just 'was'.
Then in October I got an email from the insurance company wanting to give me a large amount of money for a settlement on the car accident that happened the previous August....I couldn't believe it....I had not even asked for anything. God works in ways I can't even fathom...It was enough to get me a wonderful 2012 Dodge Caravan that took me home for Christmas and a wonderful 12,000 km adventure through 17 states and 3 provinces.....I just got home and was wondering where I was going to park 'My Miracle Van' and my landlord said, I just pulled your file to let you know I now have a parking spot for you! God even cares for the little things like a parking spot on the very day I needed it.
I am wrapped in the 'love of God' and feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment